Westminter School will be providing limited ice due to COVID protocols in the 2020-21 season. SYHA will utilize Westminster School for practice ice only during the week.
Jackson Rink Protocol
- Everyone in the rink must wear masks over their nose and mouth at all times except when on the ice
- Coaches are required to wear masks on the ice and on the bench
- Everyone in the rink, including players on the bench, must practice social distancing
- No more than 2 teams are permitted to be in the rink at a time.
- Everyone is the rink is expected to be following CDC and CT State COVID-19 health guidelines
- All locker rooms and showers are closed to the public
- Skaters are required to be fully dressed in full skating attire and/or gear when they arrive
- Restrooms are to be used for emergencies only
- Rental groups must arrive no more than 10 minutes before their scheduled time and must vacate 10 minutes after their scheduled time
- No parents, friends, fans, or spectators allowed in the rink
- Children under age 11 who need special assistance may be accompanied by 1 parent. Parents must also practice social distancing from others and wear a mask at all times
- Coaches and skaters must sanitize their hands when entering and exiting the building
- No food allowed in the building
- Hand sanitizer will be available and should be used when entering the rink
- Staff will give friendly reminders to customers regarding policies, especially when they are not following safety protocols.